It’s interesting to observe, how most publishing professionals – one way or another – yearn to recreate the analogue print-book experience on a tablet, a smartphone or an e-reader. Fixed Layout? You got it. Editions? Sure thing.
Instead of freeing their minds from the restrictions of the printing-machine there seems to be a kind of reluctance among the players to embrace the advantages of technology. And technology precisely was the reason that we entered the publishing space about a year ago. Therefore, we decided to take a step in the opposite direction:
ebookmakr is pivoting into a new content-management application for e-commerce businesses that creates individually aggregated product-catalogs based on ebooks. The new application will deliver tablet-ready content for marketing campaigns targeting specific customer groups. Welcome to…
What are the benefits of the new application?
- Provides a new sales channel for online-shops – easy mass-customization of product catalogs for targeted marketing
- Imports products directly from online-shops, such as Magento
- Creates individual product catalog in real-time upon download – so, no more “one edition for everyone”; every user gets her very own issue
- Allows merchants to include one-time only coupon-codes with each product catalog to incentivize first-time buyer or to support marketing campaigns
- Empowers merchants to run A/B test of products and catalogs, thus providing information on which version sells best – to help e-commerce shop to increase sales and customer satisfaction
- Tracks buyer habits and utilizes acquired data to optimize product-catalogs autonomously.
That was the exciting part.
Now, as we are focussing all resources on the new application, we decided to undertake a step that is not easy at all: we will take ebookmakr offline, effective February 28th, 2013.
We like to thank all of ebookmakr’s contributors and users who helped us to develop the original application, that provided us with feedback on functions and usability – in short: we like to express our gratitude to all that have been essential for our work of the last 12 months.
We are deeply sorry that this step is necessary, but we cannot support & develop two platforms at the same time and hope for your understanding.